On June 26, 2016, Dolphin Imaging and Management solutions released a major update to My Orthodontist and AnywhereDolphin (see more information HERE). This update is relevant to every Dolphin Imaging user in the world because it gives your referrals the ability to download patient images directly into the Free Dolphin Imaging Viewer.
How to use the Free Dolphin Imaging Viewer Update
Prerequisites: If you would like to share Images with your referrals you must have a current Service Club Agreement AND an AnywhereDolphin account. If you do not have an AnywhereDolphin account, you can create one by following the instructions found HERE.
1. Have your referrals download the Free Dolphin Imaging viewer HERE. The installation may take a few minutes and it may require the user to reboot their system to complete the setup. This is done one time per computer.
2. Once the software is installed, the Dolphin Viewer icon will be added to the users desktop.
3. Open the Dolphin Viewer and you will be greeted with a blank screen with a few Icons and Menu options.
4. You can go to File and choose the “Download Patient Archive from AnywhereDolphin…” option:
You can click on the orange button to initiate the patient download:
5. After either of these two options are chosen, the user will be prompted to enter their AnywhereDolphin credentials.
6. The software will ask the user where they want to save the files. More than likely the default will be fine and the user can hit OK. This is done one time per computer.
7. After the file location is chosen, the user can choose a patient file to download from a list of individuals shared with them.
8. When the user chooses the patient they want to download, they can see the download progress in the lower left-hand corner.
9. Once the archive is loaded, the user can view any image shared with them (including x-rays, ceph tracings, VTO’s, and 3D files).
If you share a 3D file, the user can click on the “cube” icon and Dolphin 3D will launch.
We have added an AnywhereDolphin patient sharing wizard to Dolphin Imaging 11.9. This wizard does not require you to log into your AnywhereDolphin account to share a patient record with your referrals. Though 11.9 is currently in “beta” status, you can reach out to your Dolphin Imaging representative and get the new functionality today.
Let us know your experience with this new feature and how you are using it in your office.